Married to Nancy Seger Roach, Lake Charles Randy Roach has served the people of Lake Charles as Mayor since 2000. Nancy and he have two children, Brandon and Lauren, and are the proud grandparents of Jeremiah, Jude and Marie.
A member of University United Methodist Church in Lake Charles, Randy entered public service as assistant city attorney for the city of Lake Charles from 1985-1987 and was instrumental in representing the city in all phases of the Chennault Consolidation project, drafted and presented federal and state legislation and conducted negotiations with Boeing Aircraft which located at Chennault.
In 1987, he was elected state representative in the Louisiana House of Representatives representing District 36, which included part of Calcasieu and Cameron parishes. In the legislature, Randy served on the Civil Law committee, as chairman of Natural Resources Committee, chairman of the Subcommittee on Coastal Resources, served on the Ways and Means committee, was a member of the Advisory Panel on Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission and member of the Governor's Task Force on Judicial Selection and Louisiana Drug Coordinating Council.
In 1998, Roach was appointed by Governor Foster to serve as Chairman of the Governor's Task Force for the Continuation of the T.I.M.E.D. program, to improve and expand projects for four lane highways and related economic development matters.
Randy was elected Mayor of the City of Lake Charles in April of 2000 to fill the unexpired term of Mayor Willie Mount, who resigned to run for the State Senate. He was elected to a full four year term without opposition in July of 2001.
- He has been a member of
the Board of Directors of: Nature Conservancy of
- Samaritan Counseling Center
Council on Child Abuse
- Southwest Louisiana Mental
Health Advisory board
- Southwest Legal Aid Society,
Southwest Louisiana Chapter Red Cross
- Chairman of the Calcasieu Parish
Notary Examination Commission
- Chairman of the
United Way Fund Drive, Education Division.
Roach has received many
- 1988 Best New House Member-Times Picayune
- 1988 Legislator of the Month (August)-Louisiana Municipal Association
- 1988 Most Effective Legislator-Morning Advocate
- 1989 Citizen of the Year-Lake Charles Kiwanis Club
- 1990 Representative of the Year-Louisiana Federation of Teachers
- 1995 Elected Official of the Year - Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana
- 2001 Citizen of the Year - Lake Charles Kiwanis Club
- 2002-2003 President of Louisiana Conference of Mayors
- 2004 "Shining Example" - Governmental Tourism Leadership-Southeast Tourism Society
- 2005 Professional of the Year -- NAMI Southwest Louisiana
- 2005 Public Official of the Year - Msgr. Cramers Assembly - 4th Degree Knights of Columbus
- 2006 "Champion of Children Award" -- Prevent Child Abuse Louisiana-
- 2006 Public Official of the Year -- Louisiana Public Health Association
- 2007 Person of the Year - Times of Southwest Louisiana
- 2007 Community Bridge Builder Award --Southwest Louisiana Health Center
- 2007 Lt. Governor's Art Award for Leadership in the Arts
Roach is a member of
University Methodist Church.